Saturday, June 30, 2007

Surprise! ...at the Tokyo airport!

Good Bye - Keara! Wow - what a lot of baggage!
We had a great time in Japan with our daughter. She was heading back to the USA -west coast. We live on the east coast, so we were taking different flights. We had lunch together in Terminal One and then headed over to the American Airlines counter in Terminal Two. We opted to go early - just to be sure to get there on time!
I was waiting for the nice ticket agent to issue me the boarding passes when I felt someone come up from behind me, grab me and give me a big smooch on the cheek! Astonished, unsure about looking around - I knew it was not my husband and could not for a minute imagine who esle would do that to me in the Tokyo airport. I dared to peek around and immediately realized it was my brother - in - law - Chris from Florida! Wow! What a surprise! What was he doing in the Tokyo airport? He was actually at the next ticket agent getting his boarding pass when he looked over and saw me! Neither of us knew we were even planning to be in Japan!
Jim saw me chatting and laughing with someone and came up to join in the surprise encounter. Chris travels to Asia with his work on a regular basis, but we did not expect him or remember that. He thought we were still in Australia. He did not expect us! He did not know of our travel itinerary on the way home! We had not seen each other since last July. What fun!

We had time to catch up as we waited for our flights. We flew to NYC from Gate 72 at 5:50pm and Chris flew to Chicago from the nearby Gate 77 at 6:00. Amazing! We had the same airline, same gates, same time! I am not sure we could have planned this any better.

Lucky for us Chris will be in Gloucester for July 4th. We can laugh about our surprise encounter at the Tokyo airport again! Keara is also flying east to join us for the fun and fireworks!

Crazy times like this make me sing a few verses of "It's a small world afterall........."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home